In a shocking incident, gunmen abducted a senior official of the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) and two others in Abuja. The kidnappers are demanding a ransom of N100 million for their release. The abduction has raised concerns about the safety of residents in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The incident happened on Tuesday night in the Kuje area of Abuja. The victims were taken from their homes by armed men who stormed the area. Witnesses said the gunmen arrived in large numbers, shooting into the air to scare people. They then forced the victims into a waiting vehicle and drove off.
The DHQ official, whose name has not been released, was visiting his family in Kuje when the attack occurred. The other two victims are said to be his relatives. Family members confirmed the abduction and said the kidnappers have already made contact. They are demanding N100 million for the release of the victims.
Security agencies have been alerted, and a search operation is underway. However, no arrests have been made so far. Residents in the area are worried, as kidnappings have become more frequent in recent months. Many are calling for better security to protect lives and property.
This incident is one of many kidnappings reported in Abuja and its surrounding areas. Criminals often target wealthy individuals or government officials, demanding huge ransoms. Despite efforts by security forces, the problem persists, leaving many families in fear.
The family of the victims is appealing to the government and security agencies to act quickly. They fear for the safety of their loved ones and hope they will be released soon.
Kidnapping has become a major issue in Nigeria, with many cases reported across the country. The government has promised to tackle the problem, but progress has been slow. For now, residents are left to rely on their own efforts to stay safe.
This latest abduction serves as a reminder of the need for better security measures. Until then, many will continue to live in fear of being the next target.